Monday, May 31, 2010

Butter and more butter!:))

Thought of trying out a new recipe for a really, really rich chocolate cake yesterday...just for fun!  The recipe I've been using for so many years now works just great...lovely and light and fluffy...but I wanted to check out one of those "sinfully rich and decadent" chocolate cakes which everyone seems to drool over!  Okay, so I found myself a recipe and got to work setting out the ingredients.  Fifty gm of flour...a little on the minimal side I thought, but maybe that's what would make the cake all yummy and gooey, so in went fifty gms of flour!  Then came the butter...oops! One hundred and fifty gms!  A wee bit...wait a minute...wayyyyyyy too much I felt, so the miser that I am, I cut it down to half and in went seventy five gms!:)) The rest of the ingredients seemed normal so I proceeded to bake the cake.  Here are the results!  Gooey and fudgy, but way too rich for my taste!  That being said, I do believe that a thin, thin slice of it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream would make a great dessert...but just a VERY thin slice!  I think I'm going to stick to my old, tried and tested chocolate cake recipe....gooey is fine, but it's also nice when you have a happy tummy after eating it!  Truly "Death by Chocolate"!:))

No comments:

Post a Comment